By Jacob Lieberman DO MA Reg Osteopath and Psychotherapist.
Dates and Fees
1. The course covers detailed review of the functional anatomy of the Larynx and breathing apparatus (not as a landmark), referral criteria to Otolaryngologist, points in history taking and more. The course demonstrates how “touch” therapy can be used for: examination, diagnosis, treatment and an additional tool to gather insights and understanding of the patient’s emotional states of mind The course is based on frontal lectures and good deal of hands-on Practice of Laryngeal examination and introduction to techniques.
2. The course combines theory, years of clinical experience in practice, and lots of hands on, The aim being the development of sensitive palpatory skills so that examination and treatment becomes “tissue specific” to the level of the individual muscle or joint. The final aim: for participants to have a good knowledge and understanding of the laryngeal mechanisms, and to be able to physically examine the larynx. Once palpatory skills are at a satisfactory level, specific techniques become much more efficient, tissue specific, SAFE and most important, can be tolerated by the voice patient.
3. Didactic: laptop, audio amplifying room big enough for participants to move around for the practice part, sitting for breathing practice.
4. The subjects covered in details:
6. Size of group is limited due to close supervision. It is opened to practitioners (Laryngologists, SLP, Massage therapists, and Physiotherapists with interest in voice.
Who can attend?
Non-practitioners who are interested in practical singing physiology like voice coaches/singing teachers , and professional voice users, singers, will find this course useful for the diagnostic part and referral criteria. At the end of the 2 days course participants will receive a certificate and a pdf of the presentation.
This session is running twice for the duration that Jacob is in the UK.
Cost: £720.00 VAT inclusive. Tea, coffee and a light lunch are supplied on both days.
Accommodation is not included in the price. Voice Workshop Ltd is not responsible for these recommendations.
Premier Inn - A12 / Colchester East Bergholt, approx. 7 miles, CO4 9WP
Visit Website / 0333 003 8101
Mistley Thorn Hotel Mistley, approx. 5 miles, CO11 1HE
Travelodge - Capel St Mary Capel St Mary, approx. 4 miles, IP9 2JP
Visit Website / 08719 846 042
Rosemary Bed & Breakfast East Bergholt, approx. 0.3 miles, CO7 6AY
Air bnb - Chestnut Cottage Chestnut Cottage, East Bergholt, approx. 0.5 miles
Local Taxi's are Riverside Taxi’s, 01206 397 563 and Topmarx Taxi’s, 01206 395 449.
East Bergholt is a picturesque village in the heart of Constable Country. Complete with several village pubs, a shop, tea room and bakery, East Bergholt is an ideal retreat for teacher training events. The Gattinetts was the first disused farm sheds to be converted into a thriving business centre with a quaint, artistic feel. It is accessible by car with free onsite parking and Manningtree Station Lawford, Manningtree CO11 2LH, 0845 600 7245 is approx. 3.4 miles away.
The GattinettsHadleigh RoadEast BergholtSuffolkCO7 6QT
2018 ConferenceMA / PG CertCoursesAboutContact Us