Singing for Health: Short Course Training - November 12th, 19th, 26th, and December 3rd,10th: 5 pm – 7 pm (UK Time)
We are now offering Singing for Health training in association with the Singing for Health Network. This course forms part of our MA but can be studied as a standalone option.
Singing for trauma, depression and anxiety with Emily Foulkes. This course provides an introduction to Singing for Mental Health research including:
- The impact of trauma on mental and physical health
- Evidence based approaches to working with children and young people
- Delivering an online Singing and Mindfulness programme for adults with anxiety and/or depression- outcomes and findings of a small scale research project
Singing for Chronic Pain with Emily Foulkes.
- What is pain?
- Research summary of singing and its potential to support pain management
- Implications for practice based on evidence research
(Case Study of Cornwall programme)
Singing for Lung Health with Phoene Cave.
This workshop will be different to the one presented for the Voice Geek Conference. Details will follow shortly.
Singing for Stroke with Sophie Garner.
- Stroke and the population
- Brain function and personality
- Types of brain injury
- Depression and brain injury
- Working with client group
- Developing an evidence based framework
- Exercises to take away
Singing for Parkinsons with Elizabeth Stuttard.
Details to follow.
Dates, Times and Fees
November 12th, 19th, 26th, and December 3rd, 10th at 5pm-8pm (UK Time)
This course is free for Voice Workshop's MA students on the MA/PGCert Professional Practice (Voice Pedagogy) programme and £130 (VAT inclusive) if whole package is purchased. Individual courses may be purchased separately through the Online Short Courses page.
If you would like to book a place on this course, please email email@example.com.